Qiang Museum is the exact replica of the traditional Qiang dwellings in Wenchuan county, Sichuan province. It was built by local craftsmen according to local customs and finished in Beijing.
The museum comprises four blockhouse style dwellings that connected with mountain rock to form a perfect castle. The buildings are wood-stone structured and consist of Qiong cage, mountain worship tower, goddess of mercy temple, crop drying stand, mountain road and the cable bridge. The planning is designed in a stone castle style mountain village. The vegtation and crops are grown according to the local climate.
The museum covers a ground area of 2,750 square meters and building area of 1,171 square meters. The building work was completed in 1993 and the museum was open to the public in June 1994.
All the exhibits presented are life settings according to traditional production and living of Qiang people. All of items are collected from Wenchuan county of Sichuan province and can be dated back from Qing Dynasty (1616-1911) to modern times, about three hundred years history.
Location of Qiang Museum: North Park